Saturday, February 19, 2011

Introduction to Grilling Class

Mike loves to grill, BBQ and smoke pretty much any meal that we have.  Of course he also likes to cook in the kitchen, but since we have 6 grilling/smoking apparatuses, he likes to put all of those to use.  I also like to grill - I am not that fancy, but I can grill a mean chicken breast, flank steak or hamburger patty on the gas grill.  We grill year round...we are not just summer grilling people, we grill in the rain and cold temperatures - mainly because it is one of the easiest and cleanest ways to cook! 

So last summer Mike and I were talking and thought it might be a fun idea to offer a "Introduction to Grilling Class" because so many people call Mike asking questions throughout the summer.  Plus I think it would be a great class for many of my mom friends because it is such an easy and clean way to cook.  Yesterday I started thinking and revisiting this idea because I grilled some chicken breasts to put in the Sour Cream Enchiladas I posted about yesterday.  It was so easy and I was thankful I knew how to grill the chicken. 

Yesterday, I started with an outline for the class and book that would accompany the class.  I do need to do my research on what permits we would need to actually host this type of class and we will need to do some sort of test class for some of our friends and family to see if it actually would work.  So the following are items I need to work on and I will keep you updated as to the progress:
  • keep working and revising the Grilling Class Outline and Book
  • figure out permits, insurance and other legal items that we might need to host these classes at our house
  • put together a "sample" class or two and obtain feedback on how the class is structured and if it is helpful or not
  • figure out what it costs us to hold the class and what we should charge for a class like this
Please let me/us know if you like this idea...what you would like to learn, etc.

I am also excited for the other classes that we could develop in a Grilling/BBQ series...Tragger Smoking Class, Grilling Pizzas Class, Summer BBQ Party Class...really the possibilities are endless! 

Cheers to a new fun project! 

7 comments:

  1. Great idea, Steph!
    We grill a lot too! Currently we have a Traeger and a classic Weber. We got rid of our almost 10 year old gas grill a few years ago. I miss the ease of using the gas grill and would almost be tempted to get one to have it as another option.
    I bet Ryan would love this class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would love this! And then I could see you again, too! :-) Hope you are well, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to be a part of this! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like fun! Let me know if I canhelp with the book. I'm a good editor & proof reader.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know if you need help with liability waivers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am intimidated by our BBQ for some reason. I just have never done it by myself, so I would love to learn how to cook on one. It would be so convenient for me and it would be good to not have to always depend on my hubby for grilling. :-) What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you. Buying gas grills

    ReplyDelete