Friday, February 18, 2011

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

These were a standard in my house growing up.  They are outstanding and you can make double the recipe and freeze one for later.  SUPER Yummy!

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Serves 5-6 (but can be easily doubled)
This recipe is a great one from my Mom.  I think it might have originated with Marilyn Herb, but I give my Mom credit for giving it to me.

Sauce (Mix together):
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
½ pint of sour cream
1 sm. can chopped green chilies
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 can sliced black olives, drained

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves(cooked – I usually grill the chicken) and chopped up into bite size pieces)
12- corn tortillas (softened in oil – I use a skillet and pour a few Tbsp of veg. oil heat until when you put in the tortilla in it bubbles – then put tortilla in the oil, flip and place on a plate with papertowel, then repeat – so use a papertowel in between each tortilla to soak up the extra oil)
¾ lb. cheddar cheese
¾ lb. mozzarella cheese

Fill each tortilla with 1 Tbsp. sauce and 1. Tbsp cheese and chicken chunks on top.  Roll and place seem down in casserole dish.  Cover with remaining sauce and cheese on top.

Bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes.

Freezes well, but thaw before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment