Saturday, April 9, 2011

It has been a while...

It has been a while since I have had time to sit and blog.  I know it does not take that much time, but it seems lately we have been busy.  I signed both Tommy and Morgan up for swimming class - and then I signed Tommy up for Karate Class.  While I like to have them active and having fun...it has been pretty busy over the last few weeks.  The swimming lessons will last until June and then I think it will just be Karate Class for Tommy. 

Currently this is what our schedule looks like:

Mondays - Usually Grandma Sue Mondays - we do SS in the morning and then hang out with Grandma
Tuesdays - Preschool day, run/walk with Sara and Megan while Tommy is in school
Wednesday - Do SS, Tommy swimming lessons and Tommy Karate Class (every other week the cleaning lady comes)
Thursday - Preschool day, run/walk with Sara and Megan while Tommy is in school
Friday - Do SS and Morgan swimming lessons
Saturday - Tommy Karate Class
Sunday - Church

So not a ton of free time, which is nice in a way, but it also seems to make the days go by quicker than normal.  And I am sure as the kids get older, the activities get to be more.

The other thing that has kept me away from blogging is Mike has started to travel like he used to travel prior to kids - and I think a bit more. :)  He usually had some rather large international travels, but he has those going on this year as well as some quick 3-4 day domestic travels pretty much every other week throughout the rest of the year.  One nice benefit is that he is taking me to France with him when he goes in August. 

I am very thankful he has a job and likes what he does, but it is definitely harder to be a single parent.  I give major credit to single parents.  Plus I like it when he is home and can spend time with us.  It is much more fun! 

So until school is out, I am pretty much sticking to the schedule above and trying not to lose my mind.  Here are a few pictures from what we have been up to:

We went to the Childrens Museum with Grandma Sue -

Both kids playing in the dirt

Tommy building his project!

Morgan playing with a watering can :)

Tommy on stage as a dino!
And spring is trying to come out...we played in the backyard last week:


So cheers to being busy!

2 comments:

  1. Cheers to being busy, Steph!
    Hope to see you soon...
    stephany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I feel your pain with the travel.
    I, too, give major credit to single parents...it's a tough job!
    Ryan does not travel as much as he used to, but he is traveling every other week.
    Let's get together for dinner/playdate when they are gone!
    stephany

    ReplyDelete