Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Last night in France!

I have not posted in a few nights...I apologize.  We arrived back in Strasbourg and had been going so non-stop, I decided to take a break and really be on vacation.  I hung out in the hotel room, I met my high school friend for dinner, I met a college friend for lunch and wandered around this fun city.  There is so much to explore in Strasbourg.  But truly the last few days of this trip have been spent selfishly...doing what I want to do.  It has been VERY nice!  And as I looked at my lovely children over Skype today, I could not help but think, I should have done more relaxing. 

Don't get me wrong, I am so excited to see my wonderful children, squeeze and kiss them to death, but then it is the after part that I am thinking about.  I am commited to spending more days on adventures like we did on this trip...exploring Portland and finding fun places to see/visit.  I feel like we definitely get in a rut and just go and do the items on the schedule for the day.  I am ready for more spontinaity in our lives, so I am actually looking forward to working on that.

Regardless, my highlights from the trip:
  • staying right across the street from the Tulleries Park in Paris
  • having an ice cream cone in the square in Cambrai
  • finding a really cool authentic butcher shop in Cambrai
  • ALL of the Champagne trip
  • seeing long-time friends
  • having some down time
  • spending 13 days in Europe with my wonderfully loving and doting husband and seeing what he does when he "works" in other countries
  • trying to speak French but then pretty much resorting to "par le angleis?" ("do you speak English")- totally not how you spell that by the way
  • having Jane's birthday party in the bar of our hotel tonight...complete with "Happy Birthday" balloons!
It has been an outstanding trip and with this time away from daily life and kids, it has given me such a renewed spirit to be the best stay-at-home-mom I can be.  I love my kids and truly cannot wait to spend time with them!  I love the path that I have chosen and am so thankful my life allows me to be home. 

So cheers to a renewed spirit and here is hoping that it carries me through the weekend which might be tough with the jetlag :)

No comments:

Post a Comment