Monday, August 1, 2011

Luckiest Woman in the World

I am the luckiest woman in the world.  I sit in my Paris hotel room, about to take my siesta and cannot stop thinking this phrase, "I am the luckiest woman in the world!"

Today is our first full day in France.  Yesterday we flew into Amsterdam and arrived around 9AM.  We then flew to Paris and arrived around Noon.  We checked into our hotel - which I have decided is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in - around 2PM.

Mike and I took a walk at the park which is right across the street - The Tulleries.  It is an amazing park that has carnival rides, but also wonderful walking/running trails throughout it.  At one end of the park there is the Place de la Concord and at the other end is the Louvre.  We walked across the Seine over to the Musse D'Orsay.  Which was good because I found out they are not open on Monday, so that has me going back for my visit there first thing on Tuesday morning. 

We stopped in the bar at our hotel on our way back from this little adventure and had a cocktail or rather a champagne cocktail. 


Yes Aunt Diana, the one on the right is mine.  It was my first Champagne in France (at least this time). 

We then met our other traveling companions, Dan, Jane and John, for dinner.  We went to a cafe up the street and it was so wonderful!  I ordered Beef Tartare, which arrived and was the size of a tea saucer and about 3 inches tall.  So much food, but you can bet I ate pretty much every bite.  And then came the creme brulee and raspberries and cream.  Both desserts were wonderful, but I have to say the creme brulee was possibly the best I have had.  Yes Mom, I think it beat out Number One Market in San Francisco. 

We ended the night by walking down through the park again and Mike captured this great shot with his phone:


Then Dan, Jane and John rode some carnival rides and then it was time to head back to our hotel rooms.  I took a bath in our extremely large Parisian bathtub.  And when I was done with that, fell promptly to sleep in our huge fluffy bed.

It was an outstanding 1/2 day yesterday and I can't wait to tell you all about today!  More later...

Cheers to being the luckiest woman in the world!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Paris! Champagne! Creme Brûlée! Walks! Love hearing all the details!

    ReplyDelete