Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Goals

Well of course it is that time of year!  Time to set those goals for this year.  For me I think the goals are pretty simple...they are the first things that come to my mind (in no particular order):

1.  Work on stopping spending.  I have been really good over the last 2-3 months, but I really need to get a handle on it and pay down some debt.

2.  Lose weight - The exercise part I have no problem with and really enjoy (however, I need to be more consistent with it)...I need to curb my eating.  And with curbing my eating, I need to work on eating small meals throughout the day.  Generally I don't eat until about 3:30PM or 4PM because I have been so busy taking care of Tommy and Morgan.  So my goal is to eat smaller/healthier meals throughout the day and then I think the weight loss will come with that. 

3.  As mentioned in my previous blog entry, I would like to work on curbing my anxiety.  Although I need to work on curbing my anxiety not only about my kids, but also about what other people think about me.  I am really concerned with this...I am constantly worried if I have offended someone, done something wrong to someone or disappointed someone ...while this is good, I think I take it to the extreme.  So I need to find a balance with that. 

4.  My constant goal, which I do a pretty good job at if I do say so myself, is enjoying every moment at all times.  This life is so very short, and I truly always try to make every moment count. 

I think that might be it.  Of course I might add to that over the course of the year, but for right now, I think those are pretty good goals!

1 comment:

  1. Steph,
    your an amazing mom and with that comes anxiety about what is to come. It will be easier with Morgan but with Tommy you will feel this way a lot. I would like to say it gets easier but it doesn't because all of the new things they do as they get older can be scarier. Just know to trust your gut!!!! If you don't feel comfortable then take time to research whatever the situation. Even if that means Tommy (when he is older) gets mad at you. This is the time when we are their parents not their best friends. Just thought I would give you my experiences since now Taylor is 16 and everytime she leaves the house I panic. But with Grayson (this is so sad) go play in the street you'll be fine hahaha not really but you see what I mean. Hope you reach your goals and your goals seem to be very similar to mine. Except I have the eat small meals down and not the exercise and I made a calendar to pay off 4 bills by the end of the year. Wish me luck
    Love ya
    Rondee

    ReplyDelete