Friday, June 22, 2012

Pick Something

Today I am wishing I could pick something and do it really well.  I feel like I do many things okay, but nothing really well.  I see all these wonderful things that my friends (and by friends I do mean my friends because they have amazing talents, but I also mean my cyberfriends that exist in the world of Pinterest) can do and everyone that has these wonderful skills.  I feel like I am always doing things half-assed...which is possibly the most annoying thing I can think of.  These are some of the skills I would like to fully develop/do until I became really good at them so I could see where they could go:
  • Baking
  • Cooking
  • Sewing
  • Organizing
  • Gardening/Veggie Growing
I would also LOVE to have something like this actually produce income for my family...yet again, I feel as if I am not contributing to the bottom line of the family.  I know I am because being a stay-at-home mom is one of the hardest and also rewarding things I have ever done, but it does not help pay the bills.

I also have the volunteering options in my life...at church, at Tommy's new school and anything else I can get my hands on.  I do love to volunteer, but my problem is that I cannot say no (even if I am in over my head).  So I worry when I volunteer that I will get in over my head and be miserable - which then in turn makes people around me miserable...

Humph...I guess I will just keep plugging along and have faith that I will find the right direction for my life. 

Sorry about the rant, but for some reason I am struggling with this today.

Cheers to struggling because without struggling you cannot figure out the right path!

1 comment:

  1. Steph-
    I struggle with the same thoughts. Maybe it's good to be OK at a lot of things, though.
    Let's plan a playdate sometime soon!
    Miss you!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete