Sunday, November 28, 2010

Advent Wreath

Okay so I made my first Advent Wreath today at Church (we attend Christ Church in Lake Oswego).  After the service today, for a donation of $10, we were given all the supplies to make an advent wreath.  There are 4 green plastic candle holders that are put into a block of oasis (think florist foam) taped into a pie plate.  Then you fill the oasis with all sorts of greenery.  I did not do that much variety because a) I had two kids next to me - at least one of them was running around with Mike chasing after them and the other was attached to me and b) I did not know I needed to bring gardening sheers to church with me - but I will be more prepared next year.  Anyhoo...I put as much greenery as I could in the oasis and then Tommy helped me choose the decorations.  You light one candle each Sunday of Advent (today is the first Sunday of Advent) and the it ends up at Christmas.  They even supplied me with prayers for each time your light the week's advent candle.  So here is a pic of how it turned out...not my best work, but since it was my first I am pretty proud of it.  So happy first Sunday of Advent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment