Monday, November 29, 2010

Lindsay's Requests

So here is Lindsay's email that was previously discussed...she gave me her permission to post this hilarious observation of my life and then hopefully I can respond to it :)

"OK, Steph...
I know we haven't hung out in like 20 years but let's cut the crap, woman. You know you need to make your blog about cooking and general homemaking. Recipes, videos, a calendar of what to do and when to do it for holidays, birthdays, basic hostessing greatness. I'd imagine you're a wiz at gardening or something, too. It's very clear from not just your posts but the responses from your friends, that a) you guys love food b) people look to you for good recipes and what to do c) you are active in community activities and general knowing what's going on-ness.

Now, I read you make gingerbread I think 1. damn, i've been meaning to do that this week and haven't gotten to it. 2. I want the recipe Steph uses. 3. I want to see pix of the final product. And possibly a little bit of 4. How the hell does she do all this and if she weren't so freaking nice I'd probably like her a bit less. And I'm not the only one.

Start with my bow video. Then the recipe, blueprint (scan 'em in) and final gingerbread houses pix. I'm sure you're doing crazy things with holly and tree swag this season. Don't lie. Then invite your friends to send in their info, too. Pix of how their versions of your stuff turned out, as well as your edited versions of ideas/recipes they send you.

Lastly, you aren't fooling anyone. You were born/made to do this. So get to it (with all that free time of yours). You know you're going to do it anyway, you might as well make the rest of us happy and fill us in on your secrets.

Truly yours,
Lindsay"
 
So here it goes - I will try to do better on posting pictures and recipes that we do here at Casa de Leeper.  And I have promised the bow video by the end of the week.  As far as the rest goes, I will definitely post pictures of gingerbread house assembly.  I am going to post the gingerbread detail in a separate post because it is pretty lengthy. 
 
I also let Lindsay know that I am far from a "Martha Stewart" type person because my house is generally in total chaos and needs to be cleaned, I always have laundry to do and I am also addicted to nighttime television shows, so while I should be cleaning up/doing laundry I am usually watching TV.
 
So please also feel free to ask me any questions...I did not know people wanted to know all this stuff :)  And I would love people to post replies/their own ideas as to how to do things.  As I am a new person to blogging, I am not sure if you can do this here or not, but I will ask my technologically advanced husband how to do this and let you know.
 
Have a great Monday morning everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I 100% agree with your friend, Lindsay! You are a super woman and an incredible mom! I look to you for inspiration and awesome recipes (although I'm going to have to wait for Eli to woo Morgan to get that dang flank steak recipe!)

    ReplyDelete