Monday, January 24, 2011

Hawaii - 2 days and counting :(

This is the part of vacation that I despise.  The part when it turns from yay, having a great time on vacation to boo, I have to start thinking of packing and then coming back to reality.  We still have a full day tomorrow to enjoy, so I am hoping that I can do that and not be thinking about coming home. 

It has been a beautiful day here.  We had to say goodbye to Aunt Ashley this morning (SUPER SAD)... then Kendall and I packed up the kids and headed to the "Cereal Bar" that is located in the middle of the hotel complex.  They have you name it cereal and then you can put toppings on that cereal...Tommy had Frosted Flakes with gummy bears, Morgan had Pops with gummy bears and Kendall had CocoPuffs with coconut.  I had a sausage, egg and cheese malasada sandwich and Mike had a bowl of granola.

We then ventured down to the "big" pool that has an insane water slide and a ton of waterfalls.  It also had a sand beach at the other end of the pool where Morgan and Tommy played for a couple of hours.  Then Tommy took up a game of life-sized checkers with some kids from Denver. 

We then went and ate lunch at a cafe type restaurant right next to the "big" pool.  Tommy had a pepperoni and olive pizza, Morgan had a hot dog, Mike had a salad, Kendall had a pepperoni and mushroom pizza and I had a Nann Veggie Sandwich.  It was all pretty good.

Then we are in our afternoon "quiet time" in the room where Tommy and Morgan are napping.  Then we might head back out to the pool or maybe walk around.  I think dinner tonight will be at the restaurant downstairs from where our hotel room is...then we wake up and it is our last day in paradise.

I am looking forward to coming home and seeing everyone, but I definitely have had an amazing vacation so it will be sad to see that end.

So cheers to trying not to think about the end of a vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment