Friday, January 21, 2011

Hawaii - Day 5

It is so easy to lose track of what day it is here.  Yesterday was day 5 (I think).  We awoke to blue skys and sun so all was back right in the world...no more rain.  I decided I needed to go for a walk/run and Ashley and Morgan joined me with Ashley pushing the BOB.  Again I was okay 1/2 way, but then I crumbled and we walked the rest of the way.  What I did not realize was I was doing the 8.1 day - not the 7.3 day which meant instead of running 4 minutes walking 2 minutes, I was running 5 minutes walking 1 minute.  Now I know that does not seem like much of a difference, but it definitely was to me.  Plus then Morgan started FREAKING out in the stroller. So we stopped by Grandma Sue's condo which was on the way back to our condo.

Then we came back to our condo and headed to the pool.  We ate lunch at the condo - everyone had something different, but we sat outside on our patio.  I love being Hawaii and being able to eat outside on the patio.  It is awesome!

Then Morgan went down for her nap.  Tommy and Mike went to golf with Grandpa Bob on the "peacock" course.  Apparently there were about 40 peacocks that they saw on this course.  Tommy golfed a full 13 holes and was pretty tuckered out when they returned home.

Once Morgan woke up from her nap, Aunt Ashley, Morgan and I went to run some errands...we ran to Walmart to pick up some items and then we were on the hunt for shave ice.  But all the shave ice stands were closed, so that is going to have to happen today.  Here are some pictures to give you a hint as to what we were at Walmart for:



Chocolate in the toes...Yumm!
 So then we decided to head back to the pool...Morgan decided she needed an entire starfruit to take with her...she was eating it like an apple. 


Aunt Ashley and I had "Lava Flows" at the pool and when Mike and Tommy joined us, he had a "Blue Hawaiian" - they were pretty yummy! 

Then it was dinnertime at the condo.  Mike reheated pork chops and chicken and then made a pesto penne and a mixed veggie stir fry.

All in all it was a great day!

So cheers to a "typical" day in Hawaii!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment