Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hawaii - Day 3 and beginning to Day 4

I woke up with a stiff neck on Day 3...no I have not been doing too much, but apparently the pillow in my bed was not working out.  So it took most of the morning and 3 of Aunt Ashley's Advil to overcome that ailment. 

We decided to head up to Waikiloa and do some shopping and check out the hotel where we are staying later in the week.  Great shopping, but not so great with two kiddos and a Dad who was doing the best he could trying to keep the kids entertained.  I found a black dress and a really cute skirt/strapless dress.  So it was successful, but I also think that it would have been more successful without kids.

Then we had lunch at the Waikoloa Hilton http://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/ where we are staying later in the week.  We watched the dolphins swim and walked around the huge pool!  Then it was time to come home - Morgan headed down for a nap and Tommy, Aunt Ashley and I headed to the pool where we met up with Grandma Sue who arrived on Monday night.  She and Tom are staying at the condo complex right next door to where we are staying. 

Then we headed back to the condo to have Mike watch the kiddos and Aunt Ashley and I went bikini shopping for her (those days are sadly behind me).  Unfortunately we had no luck with the bikini shopping, so we headed back to the condo and got ready for dinner with Grandma Sue and Tom. 

Great dinner of Ahi Tuna, Chicken and Pork (yes we like our proteins) and then Mike made a great green salad and shrimp/orzo salad.  We finished it off with our ice cream buffet (we have 6 kinds of ice cream in the freezer.).  I had the Kona Coffee Mud Pie and it was delish!

We awoke this morning to rain, so I think we are off to shopping again (maybe a few farmer's markets and then who knows). 

So cheers to Kona Coffee Mud Pie ice cream and hopefully to the rain clearing away so we can go to our Luau tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I attended a wedding at the Wiakoloa Hilton years ago. It is a beautiful hotel...I am sure you will enjoy it!
    I hope it stops raining...the kids will love the Luau...Reece went to one when he was 15 months old and had a good time!

    ReplyDelete