Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Last full day is here!

The last full day of vacation bliss is here.  Kendall and I are sitting in the hotel room, while Morgan naps.  Kendall is doing homework and I am just thinking how sad I am this vacation is ending.  Of course it has to end because we are out of money, but wouldn't it be nice to be on permanent vacation?

One of the couples that we sat at dinner with the other night is on just that - permanent vacation.  They only are at their home-base (in Las Vegas) 30 days out of the year and the rest of the time they travel.  AMAZING!  Of course they are my parents age, so they have nothing really keeping them home (i.e. kids, pets, houseplants, etc).  They are in a different phase of their life, but it sounded awesome!  I might get somewhat sick of the traveling and not really calling any place home, but after this vacation, I am ready to try and find out :) 

I am also very interested in having a vacation condo over here.  Never before have I been so interested...I always thought what a waste of $ - we wouldn't use it that often, etc., but it would be really cool.

Of course we would need to win the lottery to accomplish both the traveling on a permanent basis and having a condo over here, but it is kind of nice to dream!

So cheers to the dreams of winning the lottery!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you! So sad to be leaving paradise. Let's buy a lottery ticket. Somebody has to win! Cheers to Kona! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunt and uncle owned a vacation condo on Maui for years. Their kids were a bit older than ours at the time and it was just a studio...or one bedroom. They rented it out when they were not there for income.
    I would love to have vacation "homes" like that in a lot of places...Maui, Bend, the Oregon Coast, maybe even somewhere in the mountains of Colorado.
    Nothing wrong with dreaming...

    ReplyDelete