Friday, January 14, 2011

Houses

As I was on Tommy's iPad this morning, I came across Zillow and I really love looking at this application.  I get sucked in and can be on it for some time.  I started thinking about my dream house - the kitchen it might have, the bedrooms and guest bedroom that would be ideal, more storage and of course the butler's pantry and formal dining room I desire. 

But then my thoughts turn to a simpler time...I start thinking about the house my mom grew up in..three bedrooms, one bath - a smaller kitchen, but my grandmother still made outstanding cookies in it.  Then the house I grew up in...three bedrooms, two baths and prior to the remodel, a lovely '70s style home with yellow shag carpet.  Then the remodel hit and my parents built a fabulous kitchen and entertaining house (along with the gift wrapping closet).  It is gorgeous and perfect! 

This obsession about houses must also be why we are obsessed with "House Hunters" the show on HGTV.  We love it...regular "House Hunters" and "International House Hunters."  I think both Mike and I could watch it for hours.

So I guess the question is, do we really need all the things I desire especially when people were just as happy with smaller houses, fewer bathrooms, etc?   I am not sure, but I feel like we are gradually growing out of our house with the options being simplify, remodel or move.

I guess stay tuned...

Cheers to all the house options out there!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Zillow. I use it on my iPhone when I drive around. Drove through a neighborhood and found the PERFECT house for us a couple of weeks ago. Problem is, we're not in the market to move right now. (I did call our realtor and see if her could do a little research on the house, though)
    We love our current neighborhood, so remodeling is definitely an option, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris and I LOVE House Hunters (and International!) There's also a Realtor app that I use to stalk houses for sale in the area... for friends! ;-)

    ReplyDelete